Turn your passion for change into action through Rotary. Rotary members dream big and do whatever it takes to find solutions.
There are several ways to get involved with Rotary. You can volunteer to support our fund raising projects, donate to Rotary programs, become a member, corporate partner or sponsor.
So, how do you want to get involved in Rotary?
Rotary is service. You don't come to Rotary to get something out of it. You come to Rotary to put something into it. And once you've put something into it, you will get something out of it, but it won't be what you expect. It'll be better.
— Liz Smith, Rotary Club of Detroit, Michigan, USA
How to help?
VOLUNTEER YOUR SKILLS: Talk to club members about where your expertise is most needed. Serve on a club committee. Attend your club's next assembly and help plan club activities.
IMPROVE YOUR COMMUNITY: Volunteer to help with your club's signature project — one your club is known for in the community. Work with a youth program sponsored by your club, such as Interact. Identify a need in your community and suggest a hands-on project that addresses this need.
BUILD YOUR NETWORK: Attend as many club meetings as you can. Connect with different people each time. Join a Rotary Fellowship and meet Rotarians in other countries who share your interests. Go to your district conference and the RI Convention. Check out another Rotary club's meeting.
HELP ROTARY GROW: Recommend a friend or colleague for membership in your club. All Rotarians can — and should — invite new members. Participate in a club leadership development program. Tell friends and colleagues about how your club is giving back to your community.
MAKE A DONATION
Gifts of any size to The Rotary Foundation are appreciated and will support educational, humanitarian, and cultural programs and projects throughout the world and locally.
All contributions are collected to help clubs support our Rotary Foundation and/or local charities. All contributions are voluntary and none is subjected to any pressure to contribute. The volunteer spirit is the essence of Rotary.
Avenues of Service
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service, which are the foundation of club activity.
- Club Service focuses on making clubs strong. A thriving club is anchored by strong relationships and an active membership development plan.
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society.
- Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring or volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Rotary Youth Leadership Awards
Tax Deductible Donations
The Southern Harford County Rotary Foundation is a 501(c)3 organazation, qualified to accept tax-deductible charitable donations.