The Southern Harford County Rotary (SHCR) Club is able to assist charitable organizations and to give scholarships through the money it raises from events. This amount varies from year to year. Funding permitting, SHCR will accept applications from organizations that fit our vision and mission for southern Harford County and that meet the requirements below. SHCR is looking for one organization to receive the entire proceeds from our annual fundraisers each year.
The Southern Harford County Rotary is interested in funding:
- Programs that meet immediate, basic needs of children in Southern Harford County either directly or indirectly by helping their families;
- Selected long-term needs such as literacy programs, counseling, treatment or intervention programs (non-inclusive);
- Both new and ongoing programs;
- Countywide programs must demonstrate how a grant from SHCR will assist southern Harford County children.
- Programs that are sustainable and include opportunities for members of SHCR to actively participate.
- Programs that can assist SHCR in its annual fundraising efforts
- Programs that can publicly promote SHCR's efforts to the community.
Regretfully, support is not provided for:
- Programs that do not serve children or their families in Southern Harford County;
- Annual giving;
- Capital campaigns;
- Galas, special events, golf tournaments, or other fundraising events
- Operating support (general support to pay salaries, rent, utilities, etc.); and
- Individuals except scholarships
- National or local chapters for specific diseases
- One-time only events, seminars, or workshops
- Advertisements, sponsorships, or boosters
- Pre-incurred expenses
- Political activities
- Your organization must be a charitable organization exempt from federal tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code . . . OR
- You must find another 501(c)(3) willing to serve as a fiscal sponsor that will be responsible for paying grant project expenses.
- Southern Harford County Rotary (SHCR) does not promise or guarantee continued funding.
- Your organization may request funding from SHCR no more than one time per year.
- Your organization should have the ability to help SHCR raise funds for our annual fundraisers. Since your organization will be the beneficiary for our fundraisers, we are looking for a partner in our events.
- Your organization should have a public relations process in place to promote the partnership with SHCR.
- If you are given funds by SHCR, the head of your organization must sign a statement agreeing to spend the money for the purpose it was requested.
- When you have finished the program, generally a year or less, your organization must write us a letter or email telling the to which the program was successful (or how you organization is doing if you requested operating funds) and how you spent the money.
Conflict of Interest
The Southern Harford County Rotary Club wants to be fair and objective in its giving. The members of the Rotary Club are involved in many community activities as volunteers, donors, and members of boards. When it is time for SHCR to decide which organizations are to receive funds, it will ask club members to absent themselves from voting on a proposal from any organization in which they are involved.
The application process is as follows:
- This application is due by August 5, 2017
- By the end of August, SHCR's fundraising committee will narrow the applications to four organizations.
- Each organization will be invited to present their plan to SHCR's membership at a SHCR lunch or meeting.
- All presentations will be complete by September 1, 2017.
- SHCR will announce the beneficiary for the year's fundraising efforts by September 8, 2017.
Please complete and send via email to firstname.lastname@example.org