Discretionary Fund Guidelines
The Southern Harford County Rotary Club (SHCRC) maintains a small, discretionary fund to meet unforeseen and emergency needs of children in southern Harford County. Distribution of such funds must be in conformance with our mission and vision.
- Our vision is to assure children of southern Harford County are secure, protected, thriving, valued, and nurtured.
- Our mission is to assist children in southern Harford County, as a group or through their families, to reach their maximum potential.
The organization must write a letter of request and a club member must initiate the request for discretionary funds.
Club members will vote upon the request at one of its regular meetings.
Maximum request for any organization in any year is $250.
Making a Difference
SHCRC Rotarians, through funding from the Club's discretionary fund, worked with The Arc Northern Chesapeake Region to "adopt a family" for Christmas.
SHCRC has also given our money and time to the following local efforts.
- Inner County Outreach
- Extreme Family Outreach
- Edgewood Middle school
After School University
- Sharon Ann Gross Educational (S.A.G.E.)
- Harford Community College
- Dictionaries to all 3rd graders
- Resource Days to help women reentering the workforce
- Boys & Girls Club of Edgewood Halloween decorations
- Summer Camp for 15 children